The NCLEX is a standardized test introduced by the AHPRA (Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency) for international students wanting to be a licensed entry-level nurse in Australia. The test seeks to help registered nurses from other countries such as Nepal and India combine their already honed nursing knowledge with the Australian healthcare system and the Australian National Quality & Safety Health Standards.
Additionally, the program aims to help students in understanding, deciphering, and reading NCLEX pattern questions. It does this by teaching students how to ace the NCLEX and how to use Maslow’s hierarchy, Bloom’s taxonomy, and NCLEX techniques to solve the trickiest analytical problems. The greatest benefit is that international students can prepare for the NCLEX examination from their home country itself, since IHM provides an online class, running 3 days a week.
The NCLEX examination is the first step towards being involved in a huge industry with high demand. There are about 200,000 openings for nurses in Australia and average wage is around AUD 80,000 annually, so if you are interested in Australia and are a registered nurse in your country, you might want to consider this examination!
Why Choose IHM?
IHM’s NCLEX-RN preparation course will assist you in strengthening your critical thinking abilities and testing your nursing knowledge on the NCLEX-RN exam given by the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA). International students will have the opportunity to study nursing care-related content in Australia and will be able to go through their nursing knowledge again through rigorous assessments and reviews as preparation for the examination.
Also, the only institution in Australia that grants both a Master of Nursing degree and an OBA preparation program is IHM. You can continue your education to get a Master of Nursing degree and work your way up to the top of the medical industry. Also, these are just some of the reasons IHM is such a great place to learn practicing nursing in Australia.
- Affordable course fee
- State-of-the-art infrastructure
- Industry practitioners as faculty members
- One on one doubt clearing sessions
- Work-study balance
- 24*7 student support
- Excellent online learning platform
Resources Provided to Students
- Online NCLEX Books
- Lecture Powerpoints
- Recorded Lectures
- Online Tutorial Sessions-with Mini Lectures On Disease Conditions And Discussion On NCLEX Question, NCLEX Strategies
- Online Reading Material Eg Articles, Publications Relevant To Scope Of Practice Of Nursing In Australia
- Weekly Practice Quizzes
- Once In 4 Weeks Ie 3 Cat Mock Examinations (Computer Adaptive Examinations ) With Written Feedbacks
- Academic Support Days With Lecturers
Who should give the NCLEX Examination?
Anybody who is a Registered Nurse in his/her home country, that is nurses who have completed their BSc degree or higher or master’s degree, are eligible to enrol in IHM’s NCLEX for RNs course. So, this course is for Registered Nurses around the world who want to work in Australia.
You must prepare for the NCLEX because it is a bridging exam in Australia. It is a good idea to prepare even if you are very skilled and experienced; otherwise, you can find that you receive a low grade merely because you encountered some unexpected questions.
What are the steps to be a Registered Nurse?
If you wish to apply to take the NCLEX for Australia, you will need to first receive approval from the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency(AHPRA). After that, several steps have to be followed:
- Self Check -> The self check section is where you will be providing your academic qualifications. You must be an internationally qualified nurse or midwife to be eligible for the NCLEX examination. You will receive an ATT after you are verified.
- IQNM Assessment -> After self check, you will be required to pay an assessment fee (non-refundable).
- Orientation -> The orientation is a 90 minute video of the Australian healthcare. You will also attempt a small quiz during the orientation.
- NCLEX Exam -> The NCLEX Examination is a MCQ based exam which will test your skills and knowledge regarding the Australian Healthcare System
- OSCE Exam -> The OSCE Examination is another criteria to be a RN in Australia. It tests clinical skills of a nurse via various practical approaches.